Sunday, May 18, 2014

Awake thou that Sleepest...

Eph 5:14     Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light


We are all dead in sin.  There is none good.  Our surroundings have made a way for us to easily fall prey to the lusts of the flesh.  All of us have been raised in a very compromised world.  A world where it is all about me and my wants and needs.  Entertainment of any sort, and the world has gladly obliged in ever manner of subtle deception possible.  We don't even know what sin is anymore.  Where is the line?  Where is the standard?  What is the measure?


There is a line and a standard and a measure if you care to know it.  There is a place where all has been recorded for us.  Your creator has not only provided a written testimony of these things but HE personally provided a Way to be forgiven of our not so good choices. 


And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
 Mark 10:18


Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.  Eph 4:13




JESUS CHRIST is the Way, the Truth and the Life!!!  At His feet is the place of forgiveness and love and grace;


2 Ch 7:14 
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

We must ask for forgiveness with our full heart, soul and mind.  What does it mean to ask??

It means:  seek, require, request, seek out, enquired, besought, ask, sought for, begging, desire, get, inquisition, procureth

Prayer, that's what it means and not just any prayer but a prayer from your very soul.  A prayer that constitutes your very being, everything you are, were and ever will be.  Turn yourself inside out and pour out everything inside of you and ask our precious LORD to forgive you and then give everything you are, were and ever will be over to HIM to love and nurture and guide forward in the paths of righteousness.  Mean it like your life depended on it because truly I say to you that it does!

Heb 10:31 
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Isa 45:11
Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 

Wow, what a powerful word, the LORD is telling us to ask of HIM for these things,  Command ye me.   HE is pleading with us to ask of HIM,  how much more can our LORD do that HE hasn't already done.   SHAME ON US IF WE DO NOT HEED!!!


Jer 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Rom 3:19-24
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:


Our precious LORD willingly gave HIS LIFE in the most humble and brutal way for us to have this opportunity.  To let us see the way to conduct ourselves in all manner of life.  To cherish the life HE has given us and each other in All ways.  JESUS walked 3 years among us demonstrating and teaching us the ways of our GOD.  All the while healing the sick and possessed of all infirmities.  HE was spied on, stalked, beaten, spit on and who knows what else this whole time and remained humble and loving and giving HIS all that all would know the ways of our GOD.  Submitting to our Father in all things that all would have a way to be saved.

Eph 6:12 
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 3:10
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

The Fruits of HIS spirit were displayed for all to see and follow:

Gal 5:22-25
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit

HE also warns us of what is not of HIS spirit, but is of the flesh:

Gal 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.


There comes a time,

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  Mat 24:12

But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.  Luke 13:27

He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among themPsa 78:49


They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

Psa 37:19   We need to be under the wings of the Almighty!

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.  Psa 91:10


Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.  Psa 34:21
Did ya get that???   Who shall slay the wicked??  hmmmmm



The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.  Psa 34:16


Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.  Psa 34:13

Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred.  Job 6:24

And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.  Psa 35:28

The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.  Psa 37:30

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.  Rom 14:11

But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.  James 3:8

There is mighty power in the tongue.  Hold captive your thoughts and your tongue.


And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.  Job 28:28


Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will he help the evil doers:  Job 8:20



Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity2Tim 2:19





We must wake up, time for repentance is not promised.  Every minute is precious my brothers and sisters.  I could post many more scriptures concerning this time.  We are in this time now!!
Is it not worth it?  Does life not mean anything?  To me it is everything and I want to live and love forever.  JESUS has provided a way for this and I for one will heed HIM.  I will do my very best to learn HIS ways and follow them.  I am nothing in myself but surrendering myself wholly to HIM allows HIS truth to be revealed in my heart.  Please consider these things!!!

GOD is the perfect everything, HIS plan is so beautiful and I thank HIM with all that I am for all things.  It is overwhelming to feel HIS love just burst out from your heart and really feel just a portion of how much HE really does love us.  It will truly bring you to your knees.

Trust in HIM 


In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.  Psa 56:11

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.  Psa 118:8

This scripture is the very center of GOD's Holy Word

I love you all and May GOD's Word Bless you with understanding,
In JESUS name we pray
AMEN





















No comments:

Post a Comment