Saturday, July 18, 2015

Be Still and know that I am God...

Brothers and Sisters,

I love this scripture Psalms 46:10...
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
 
I've wondered what God meant by Be Still.   We've talked many times about choice and how we all have freedom of choice.  Sometimes I believe there is a third choice in a matter.  I know that there are many choices in most all situations but I'm thinking about a very big picture.  I'm thinking how the world gets us wrapped up in all these distractions where there is always a good guy and a bad guy and we feel like we have to choose which side to stand on.  One side appears to be good and there is always someone or something that appears to be bad.
 
Maybe these are some of the times that GOD is referring to.  Maybe we should pick that third choice in some of these instances and just BE STILL and know that HE is GOD.  I know the adversary (the devil) will often times provide both sides to a situation.  He will supply both sides to feed the conflict.
We look at the event or situation and pick a side that we feel appears to be in the right, when in fact neither is good.  If we would just look at what is really happening from GOD's perspective and pray it becomes clear we should BE STILL and know that HE is GOD.
 
1Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
 
The Hebrew word for Be Still in this scripture is H7503 raphah is to refrain, let go, to be quiet.  To leave off your own attempts and let GOD.
 
Sometimes to discern a situation is not to pick a side of man's views at all but to Be Still and let GOD.  Trust HIM to lead you in that still quiet voice within.  If you are unsure, Be Still.
 
Satan is the author of chaos and confusion.  Anytime you find yourself in this state, know that it is not from our LORD.  Then is the time for prayer and quiet,  wait upon the LORD.
 
Psa 37:9 
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
 
Isa 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
 
Zep 3:8
Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
 
A thief comes to steal, kill and destroy your belongings.  Satan is a thief that comes to do these things and more importantly to steal, kill and destroy your very soul.
 
Jhn 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
 
1Peter 4:5
But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief,  as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
 
The churches today are mostly failing the body of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.  JESUS taught that HE came not to destroy the law (covenant of the 10 commandments) but to fulfill it by living it and showing us it can be done.  That we can live in this beautiful covenant of Goodness also.
 
Exo 34:28
And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
 
Mat 5:17 
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
 
The 10 Commandments are the covenant written by the finger of our LORD.  They were written for  to show us how to live a GODly life.  So if followed all mankind would be blessed and fruitful forever.  The sacrificial laws (603 of them)  were written by the hand of Moses for the people that would not obey GOD's commandments (covenant).  The LORD did not want sacrifice of living life.   HE did not want innocent life to perish.
 
Mat 12:7
But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
 
The sacrifice the LORD wants from HIS children is to live a HOLY life!
 
Lev 20:7
Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
 
1Peter 1:15-16  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation.
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
 
 
Evil is something our GOD takes accountability for creating but HE does not partake of it!!!
 
Isa 45:7 
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
 
When man partakes of evil it is sin,  GOD is perfect and sin cannot be in/of  HIM or in/of  HIS presence.  Sin has to have sacrifice of living life for atonement.
 
Lev 17:11 
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
 
 
Eze 39:17
And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
 
This is how Great our GOD is!!!  This my brothers is the willing sacrifice of our LORD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST upon the cross for you and me.  All this so that we might become Sons of God and live in HIS Glory forever.  This great sacrifice is the life blood shed willingly to atone for our sin so that with true repentance (to turn and sin no more) we might live.
 
JESUS LORD God shared two commandments with us when HE physically walked with us on this earth.
 
Luke 10:27 
And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
 
Never forget and never quit hungering for the WORD of GOD.  Paul tells us in
 
 Philippians 4:12
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
 
BE STILL and know that I AM GOD..............
 
Isn't that beautiful?
 
Love to you all and Be Blessed with Wisdom and Understanding

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jill!

    Thank you for sharing your encouraging spiritual insights in these tumultuous times!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete