Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Do you sleep well?


Brothers and Sisters
 
 

Psalms 3:5   I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.


David writes this when he was fleeing from his son Absalam.  He was fleeing for his life again for Absalam was looking to take over as king.  How could David sleep well?

David knew the LORD.  He knew the LORD and he knew it is only the LORD that sustains us.  There is no other in all the universe, in all creation, in all that man's mind can bring forth that can sustain life.

  Psalms 3:3   But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

 Psalms 3:4   I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill Selah.

 

In fleeing from all the trouble and those rising up against him David knew it was the LORD's glory not his own that would sustain him.  He knew he had no glory of himself.

Interesting that he cried unto the LORD and he knew the LORD heard him out of his holy mountain which is Jerusalem.  Why would David state that the LORD heard him out of his holy mountain instead of saying the LORD heard him from heaven.  David knew the LORD would come out of Jerusalem.  There are examples of the people crying out to the LORD and HIM hearing them from heaven which would be logical.


 Neh 9:28 

But after they had rest, they did evil again before thee: therefore leftest thou them in the hand of their enemies, so that they had the dominion over them: yet when they returned, and cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and many times didst thou deliver them according to thy mercies;

 
David did not sacrifice innocent creatures as did the religious leaders of his time.  David knew that forgiveness for sin came directly from GOD and only from GOD.

David knew that when he sinned it was a sin against GOD and GOD only.


Psalms 51:1   Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

  Psalms 51:2   Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

  Psalms 51:3   For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

  Psalms 51:4   Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
 


 
David knew that GOD wants from us real truth in our hearts and in return GOD will make us to understand.  David asks GOD to purge him with hyssop and he would be clean,

did you know that hyssop was used for purifying,  the Hebrews were instructed to use Hyssop dipped in the blood of the lamb to paint their doorposts the night the angel of death came to take all the firstborn in the Exodus. 

 
Psalms 51:6   Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

  Psalms 51:7   Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.



David knew that only GOD can heal our brokenness before Him.  Only GOD can renew our spirits with joy and gladness.

  
Psalms 51:8   Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

  Psalms 51:9   Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

  Psalms 51:10   Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

  Psalms 51:11   Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

  Psalms 51:12   Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit
.


 
So you see Scripture is perfect and GOD foretold long before HE physically came to this earth, HIS perfect plan of salvation for those who would hear and honor.  Jesus Christ our LORD God is GOD.  HE is the power of our GOD sent forth since the beginning.

 
Take heed my brothers and sisters!!!

 Be Blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment