Thursday, July 7, 2016

Waiting on the Lord...


Hello Brothers and Sisters


Those four words hold all the meaning in the world of you believe them, if you live them and if you trust them.
What does it truly mean to wait on the Lord and why is that simple statement so verily important? It could be interpreted in many ways I suppose; literal span of time waiting for the Lord's return, maybe applying it to our daily life obstacles eg fulfilling our desires, hopes and dreams or even overcoming illness. How about the spiritual facet, having a patience and trust in the Lord and His will.

Psalms 27:14 - Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalms 37:34 - Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see [it].

Psalms 40:1 - (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Those four words are placed so perfectly in His word to tend to all of the matters listed above. My personal belief is that waiting on the Lord truly breaks down to having faith in the Lord, His will and His word. It is literal time. It is hearing His call and plans for our lives daily. His desire to take care of us as well as building patience, trust, and a desire for His will to be fulfilled not our own.
Waiting on the Lord= Faith on/in the Lord.

One of my favorite verses that tends to waiting on the Lord through faith is that spoken by Paul in Galatians 2:20.

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Wow....  What a powerful declaration of faith. What a profound realization of the Lord's living AND dying through Jesus Christ for our souls. What a joy in knowing that by the gift of Jesus and by His blood alone we are one with Him. He lives daily in us and we exist only through Him!
That to me is waiting on the Lord. That to me is faith. To walk daily as Christ is in me. His will be done. His plans at work, not my own. It is all He wants for us, to believe. To trust Him in all ways and to have faith in His plan for us.

God Bless !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment